Kathryn's Off-topic Sketchblog
Posts tagged video games
Unpredictable Outcomes of my Personal Gaming Experience, 2012
- Enjoying not just one shooter, but several (Bulletstorm, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect)
- Taking the ultra-stealthy approach and liking it (Dishonored)
- Sniping ♥ (thanks to Borderlands 2)
- Erring on the side of skepticism/criticism towards indie games
If you don’t know anything about me as a gamer, I am usually a big, dumb, hack n’ slash melee player who throws muscle at enemies until the problem goes away. I never take the stealth class. I despised sniping because it was too hard for me. Borderlands was my only foray into any kind of shooter at the beginning of the year, and that was because it was rude and had tons of SMGs and Assault Rifles with which to cut down my foes. But here I am at the end of 2012 thinking about how much I enjoy sniping and the challenge of a stealth class with a lot of ways to “solve problems.”
It’s really a pity about indie games right now, though. Enough with the 2D sidescrollers, the platformers, the horror games. Enough with your excessive Kickstarters and Indiegogo campaigns. Enough with your casual flash game attitude. Thatgamecompany took us back to a level of legitimacy with Journey that short and sweet indie games are supposed to have. You know who else is an indie game developer? Insomniac Games. Holla. <3 They compete with the big boys. Indie doesn’t have to be what it is right now, and all this flash-inspired badness will get no more of my money.
Me and My Boyfriend on Diablo III
- K: "I think we can agree that Diablo III was a complete flop."
- B: "Well it wasn't a COMPLETE flop-"
- K: "Okay, it was like an 80% flop."
- B: "...Okay."